Do Kwon, who was lately arrested in Montenegro after evading authorities for months, claimed that he had no thought the Costa Rican passport he was touring with was faux.
He admitted that he obtained the passport from an company in Singapore.
- Ever for the reason that catastrophic collapse of the Terra ecosystem a 12 months in the past, Do Kwon, the particular person behind the protocol, has been blamed by many for his position. Though he claimed he was not attempting to flee from the authorities, his location was unknown till lately when he was apprehended within the European nation – Montenegro – whereas carrying a faux passport.
- His time spent in a neighborhood jail has been considerably controversial as his bail software for $400,000 was first granted earlier than being denied after which re-approved.
- One other report from days in the past asserted that Kwon’s custody might be prolonged by six months earlier than the authorities resolve on whether or not to extract him to the US or South Korea.
- Throughout a hearing on the Podorica District Courtroom in Montenegro’s capital on June 16, Kwon defined that he obtained the Costa Rican passport he was caught with by way of an company in Singapore “really helpful by a pal.”
“I traveled all around the world with a Costa Rican passport. If I had suspected that it was a faux passport, I’d not have traveled to many international locations.”
- He additionally tried getting a Granada passport however was rejected. Nevertheless, when requested concerning the title of that company, Kwon mentioned he didn’t keep in mind it, and he solely knew it was Chinese language.
- Based on the report, Kwon additionally had a Belgian passport when he was arrested. Prosecutor Harris Chabotich mentioned the 2 passports had completely different names and completely different dates of start, which made it clear that they “have been created with dangerous intentions. Please punish it appropriately.”
- Kwon additionally urged the choose to punish simply him for being caught with a faux passport, as Terraform’s former Chief Monetary Officer who was with him – Han Chang-joon – was harmless.